Friday, October 12, 2012

home wind generator - Building my 10 foot wind turbine at home- full version




just completed final assembly of my scratch built 10 foot wind turbine ( www.otherpower.com ) and couldn't wait till morning to see her fly....but as murphy would have it, no wind. oh well , she is still a thing of beauty! waiting for wind to test output, should yield from100-1000 watts depending on the wind speed, at ave wind of 12-14mph estimate 250 watts with max output of 1 kw in 25 mph wind. used plans by "homebrew wind power" book available on the web.



In the News:




"Earthship Biotecture": Renegade New Mexico Architect's Radical Approach to ...
Democracy Now
These off-the-grid homes minimize their reliance on public utilities and fossil fuels by harnessing their energy from the sun and wind turbines. In Taos, New Mexico, Reynolds gives us a tour of one of the sustainable-living homes he created. [includes ...




New York Post

Jim Dandy
New York Post
When my daughter was young, she had a wooden building-block set that she mixed and matched to create an idyllic American town. I was reminded of those ... Among those were second-home owners, many of whom have turned into full-time residents. Some have ...




Eye on Polk: Shifting Home is Cracking, but Insurance Won't Pay for Repairs
The Ledger
GENE ALBRITTON has a folder full of correspondence with his insurance company, which has declined to pay for damage to his Winter Haven house caused by shifting soil. Cracks in the wall ... He said it's been like spitting into the wind. ... Williams ...

and more »



Senior Pranks
TheHorse.com (blog)
While four of the five horses residing at my parents' farm come running for breakfast daily, Taz prefers a personal invitation, of sorts, and generally waits for my father to come retrieve him in the mornings. While walking in we let Taz pick his own ...




My life as a gentleman farmer 'kuno'
Inquirer.net
I don't tell them my losses. My farm is a two-hectare piece of land at the foot of picturesque Mount Banahao in Laguna. It's planted with coconuts, lanzones, a few santol and star apple trees. It has tremendous sentimental value to me. I inherited the ...







No comments:

Post a Comment