Wednesday, October 31, 2012

backyard wind generator - Windturbine 5 KW / Furling 100 Amp Shunt / 75 mv




Constructing and operating wind turbines can be very dangerous causing severe injury or even death. Be safe and use caution when working with turbines, use safe practices. Always consult with your local building code inspectors. I assume no responsibility for personal injury, property damage or loss from actions inspired by this video. You follow these guidelines at your own risk! I will point out many of the main hazards as we discuss how to save thousands of dollars in the construction of the homemade tower, docking station, alternator, blades, and furling tail . I will also cover the alternator, electrical & electronics in detail that are required to control the alternator's 5kw power output. I simply grew tired of cranking up the old gas generator each time we lost power during winter outages. I wanted to do something different, simple, easy to maintain... something low cost and I could handle by myself. And now, five years into retirement, I have this 100-foot-tall monster standing in my backyard. I started researching the idea of building a wind turbine on the Internet and gathered as much information as I could. It was a very time consuming effort constructing the lattice tower, I had to learn to weld, and use a cutting torch. The tower is constructed from steel tubing (top rails of chain-link fence). It's important where to locate the tower if you're lucky enough to have large trees. I used the oak trees in my back yard, a 6 ton pulley, 5/16 steel cable system. I <b>...</b>






No comments:

Post a Comment