Monday, August 13, 2012

Solar Energy - DIY Solar Panel System: I've Gone 100% Solar Power




You don't need a DIY solar panel system kit to go 100% solar power. After two years of work today I threw the switch and went 100% off grid with solar power. It really works! What is surprising is it cost less and was easier to do than expected. That being said I had a lot of help from Al YouTube.com I will break down all the components the reason behind why I bought these items, the cost, wiring and how I installed the system. As of right now, if the power goes off today, we'll have lights tonight.



In the News:




Esquire (blog)

You Can't Blame The Yout'
Esquire (blog)
Let's give Mr. Hoagland the benefits of 100 doubts and say this campaign takes place in 2020. Who ya got? Thought so. There are a ... Posted by Daniel Murphy. Besides being a heroic sea captain, blogging about lists is all I've ever wanted to do with ...




D-I-Y Women Taking Up Tech Hacking
Txchnologist (blog)
Others are cleaning up after the past weekend's gathering, when more than 100 people took turns playing a mind-controlled game of Pong on a 48-square-foot light-studded board. Crystal Butler, one of the game's creators and an active Hack Manhattan ...




Ecouterre (blog)

Exotic Solar's “PowerCloth” Turns Clothing Into Energy Generators
Ecouterre (blog)
Unlike conventional photovoltaic panels, which are stiff and brittle, the Utah-based company's fabric cells are ultra-lightweight and flexible. A single $65 device, ... SOLAR FASHION. Working with nanotechnology researchers at the University of Utah ...




Popular Mechanics

Jamie & Adam Preview Upcoming MythBusters Season
Popular Mechanics
It was a costume that I had made a couple months ago and it's gorgeous. Today, just before our panel, I'm going to walk the line a couple more times in a couple of different costumes, but I'm not going to reveal that it's me. That's my little tip of ...

and more »



The Care and Feeding of Warriors: Mists of Pandaria Fury 101
Joystiq
This week, we'll be discussing fury, a spec that's seen some interesting changes with the new talent system, the incorporation of both Titan's Grip and Single-Minded Fury into baseline, and the reworking of rage and stances. When I wrote the ... Stance ...




Tweets:



DIY Solar Panel System: I've Gone 100% Solar Power - YouTube: You don't need a DIY solar panel system kit to go ... http://t.co/eGcbF0Hm1:13 AM Thu Aug 9, 2012 via twitterfeed





No comments:

Post a Comment