Thursday, November 17, 2011

Solar Electricity - Solar portable power station - Camping/Festivals




My new project and first HD video. Tried to record in 1080 with my new camera but for unknown reasons it would not save the files, so 720p will need to do. I have built this portable power system to give me power when camping and at festivals. The systems available in shops seem to peak at 40Ah without spending silly amounts of money and so I built this 70Ah system which can take input from a solar panel up to 100w (though I plan to use a 20w panel due to price and size limits when camping) and will happily run a beer fridge, lighting and charge my mobile phone in the middle of nowhere. Key specs: * 3 x 12v 12Ah sealed lead acid batteries * 1 x 12v 34Ah standard car battery * 10 AWG wiring * All wiring is crimped, soldered and heat shrunk for longevity * 1 x high power output socket + 3 x low power output sockets (fused) * 1 x auxiliary input/output set of posts (un-fused)






No comments:

Post a Comment