Monday, September 12, 2011

Residential Wind Power - How To Make Wind Turbine at Home




www.WindEnergyGuide.net - 100% Homemade Electricity Producing Wind Turbine Several years ago I bought some remote property in Arizona. I am an astronomer and wanted a place to practice my hobby far away from the sky-wrecking light pollution found near cities of any real size. I found a great piece of property. The problem is, it's so remote that there is no electric service available. That's not really a problem. No electricity equals no light pollution. However, it would be nice to have at least a little electricity, since so much of life in the 21st century is dependant on it. One thing I noticed right away about my property is that most of the time, the wind is blowing. Almost from the moment I bought it, I had the idea of putting up a wind turbine and making some electricity, and later adding some solar panels. This is the story of how I did it. Not with an expensive, store-bought turbine, but with a home-built one that cost hardly anything. If you have some fabricating skills and some electronic know-how, you can build one too. Let me state up front that I probably won't be able to help you out much if you decide to build your own wind turbine. This web site has become insanely popular, often taxing the bandwidth limits of the server. I get dozens of requests for help each day. I simply don't have time to answer the majority of them. Simple questions which only require a quick and simple answer may get replies if time permits. However, there is no way I can help you <b>...</b>



In the News:




Hope Street wind turbine continues to teach
Topeka Capital Journal
Having won the contest and having the wind turbine on his school's grounds, May said he wants to do more with wind energy after he graduates in May. "I honestly had no idea what I was going to do after school," he said. "Now I'm looking at a program at ...




Consumer Reports Offers Energy Saving Tips for Americans
Clarksville Online
Check out Consumer Reports first-ever report on a home wind turbine designed for residential use in the latest issue. Geothermal systems, which use the relatively constant temperature of the earth to heat and cool homes, are an emerging alternative to ...

and more »



Wind turbines churn rural votes
Toronto Star
“Why should I have to leave home so big companies can make a lot of money?” Like Laforet, she wants turbine development halted until they're proven safe. While the anti-wind forces are vocal and organized, supporters of wind power are also mobilizing. ...

and more »



Charles City approves wind turbine ordinance
Mason City Globe Gazette
CHARLES CITY - A change in the zoning regulations in Charles City will make it easier for home and business owners to install wind turbines as an alternative energy source. The City Council this week approved the third reading of an ordinance ...




Alternative Energy Update and Appliance Efficiencies
Kansas City infoZine
Check out Consumer Reports first-ever report on a home wind turbine designed for residential use in the latest issue. Geothermal systems, which use the relatively constant temperature of the earth to heat and cool homes, are an emerging alternative to ...

and more »



Tweets:



Own Solar and Wind Energy: How to make solar panel and wind turbine at home. http://t.co/AWZFQxh7:14 PM Thu Sep 8, 2011 via Google





No comments:

Post a Comment