Sunday, September 4, 2011

DIY wind power - DIY savonius wind turbine spinning




Just a short video of my home made wind turbine on a windy day It is silent and has experienced a few strong storms without any problems. It has a fisher and pickel motor that bolts on the bottom of, It has not been installed for more then a few tests on not so windy days, and I have been to busy to do any further test, The results I have found is that it is silent, but spins rather slow,It can handle a storm fine free spinning with no load. It needs very little wind to start spinning but spins very slow, I would guess at about 30rpm/ 2 seconds per revolution, fisher and pickel motor like about 1000rpm I think. The sheet metal amplifies any bearing noise,The bottom bearing is a second hand Wheel Bearing out of a Ford Eb. It had been spinning for about 1.5 years,






No comments:

Post a Comment