Monday, April 9, 2012

Solar Electricity - Brian's Insights - Use SOLAR POWER to keep unused car battery CHARGED!




Share your ideas and participate in brainstorming with me for upcoming episodes of "Brian's Insights"! www.facebook.com/Network126 ******************************************** SOLAR is the new green thing these days, and California is a great place to utilize this technology! If you can't afford to drive much, or just have an extra car in your driveway that you can't start when you need it, because of battery drainage... then try a solar panel! I used a 12v 5w polycrystalline solar panel (the most efficient type), with a solar battery charge controller (both available on eBay). The solar panel was $30 and the controller was about $15 or less. I bought a 12-foot cigarette lighter extension cord for $3 at Big Lots, cut it in half, used half so I can plug in my solar panel to my car, and used the other half with my other small solar setup, to charge my cell phone, with a car USB charger (future video). ******************************************** PS What do you think of my improved audio quality? I used my rebuilt iPhone 3G to record audio while I was filming, and replaced the original (crappy, low bit rate) audio with the iPhone audio. It's kind of a pain in the ass to do, but I think it's worth it. ******************************************** PSII Due to the current economy, donations of ANY amount, are always welcome! Contributions will go towards things like a better camera, microphone, editing computer, and even gas, car parts, groceries, etc. Official Network126 PayPal <b>...</b>



Tweets:



Just Posted: Brian's Insights - Use SOLAR POWER to keep unused car battery CHARGED! http://t.co/qegGQnio9:24 AM Sun Apr 8, 2012 via Generators for Home





No comments:

Post a Comment